$100+ MILLION DOLLARS RECOVERED SINCE 1997
You Pay Us Nothing Unless We Win Your Case
Danziger & De Llano LLP, Texas Truck Accident Lawyers
If you or your loved ones have been injured in a truck accident, you may be eligible for significant compensation from the truck manufacturers. At Danziger & De Llano, we have helped our clients recover hundreds of millions for their pain and suffering.
We will guide you through the entire process and help you receive justice as well as financial compensation against the truck company that caused your injuries. We began fighting against big corporations 20 years ago, and we have successfully held them accountable for their irresponsible actions.
Call us today at 1-800-411-7411 to receive a Free Consultation.
Half a Million Truck Accident Injuries Each Year
Every single year there are approximately half a million accidents involving trucks on American highways. Of those, approximately one percent, or five thousand end up involving the death of either the driver of the truck, a pedestrian or cyclist or bystander who happened to get in the way, or a passenger or driver of a car or cars that came into contact with the truck. This is a devastating statistic.
Although many people are intimidated by trucks on the roads, few realize that one out of every eight accidents that occur involve a truck. There are many reasons why trucks are so prone to accidents, starting with their sheer size
– any so enormous and unwieldy is likely to be difficult to control if something should go wrong, and there is a lot that can go wrong on a truck, including driver fatigue, poor vehicle maintenance, road and weather conditions, and the manner in which the truck was loaded.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, pickup truck accidents caused 1,039 fatal crashes in 2011.
Being Involved in an Accident with a Truck is Devastating
In most cases truck accidents are ultimately the fault of the driver or the company that owns the truck, and if you or someone you love has been in an accident with a truck it is essential that you have a truck accident lawyer on your side who is well-versed in the way truck accidents occur and who knows how to investigate all of these contributing factors.
Being involved in an accident with a truck can be life-altering. The injuries can be traumatic, as is the experience itself.
Your medical bills can be astronomical, and the impact of the experience can change your ability to function as you did before in a number of ways.
Call 1-800-411-7411 to speak with the experienced truck accident lawyers at Danziger & De Llano who have been representing truck accident victims for years. We know exactly what questions to ask and what to investigate to make certain that the responsible party is held responsible and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Podcast on Truck Accident Lawsuits
Truck Accident Injuries
Being involved in an accident with a truck frequently results in traumatic injuries. The sheer size of the vehicle can crush a passenger car easily, and the people inside the vehicle are extremely vulnerable. Those who aren’t protected by the metal of a car, such as pedestrians or cyclists, are prone to even worse injuries.
Ironically, only two percent of truck drivers end up being the ones hurt or killed as a result of the accidents they have often caused; this is because they are elevated and the vehicles that they drive are so heavy that they are well protected.
People who are in accidents with trucks are likely to suffer many injuries, with the following being the most common:
• Head injuries; these can occur whether you are wearing a seatbelt or not. The vehicle you are riding in may collapse onto your head, objects from the crash or from inside your vehicle can fly around, and your head can hit the windshield. Head injuries can result in brain damage and concussion, blindness and other maladies.
• Injuries to the neck and spine; because of the propulsion of the vehicle, twisting and jerking motions often end up causing severe neck and spine injuries. These can result in a lifetime of pain, or can even leave the victim paralyzed for life.
• Internal injuries; these are a result of being crushed within the vehicle. Internal injuries can be particularly devastating, as organs may need to be removed or replaced, and if there is internal bleeding that is not immediately detected immediately, they can be fatal.
• Injuries to limbs; these can range from limbs being sprained or bruised to being broken or crushed. In many truck accidents victims end up with limbs being amputated.
More Truck Accident Articles
Let the Danziger & De Llano Law Firm Help
If you’ve been in an accident with a truck, you are probably injured, badly shaken and upset. There is much that needs to be done to fight for your rights, and you need to know that the law firm that you choose knows exactly who to contact, what questions need to be asked, and has the experience in recovering the maximum amount of compensation for their clients.
The company that owns the truck or the insurance company may ask you to sign off on waivers indicating that the accident was your fault, or that your injuries were not critical or life-altering. Before you do anything, consult with an experienced truck accident lawyer at Danziger & De Llano.
We will advise you as to what you need to do to protect your rights and we will make sure that the parties who are responsible pay for their negligent actions, as well as for your pain and suffering.
Call us today at 1-800-411-7411 or fill out the form on the right for immediate assistance.